Texas is one of the leading life science states in the country and continues to outpace national growth for the industry. We must continue to protect and grow the life science industry in this state.
Did you know:
- Texas is home to more than 7,400 life science businesses and over 116,000 employees in related fields.
- Texas’ academic R&D complex is among the fastest growing in the U.S. since 2018.
- Texas university R&D expenditures exceeded $4.1 billion in 2020.
- Texas received more than $1.5 billion in NIH Funding in 2021.
- Texas is 9th is the U.S. in patent awards with 5,312 awards in 2021.
- Texas is 6th in the U.S. in bioscience venture capital investments with $4.9 billion in 2021.
- Since 2004, there have been 2,509 clinical trials open or completed in Texas.
THBI LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES
Growing the Life Science Industry
Protecting Patient Access
Research and Commercialization
Improving Health Programs